- We believe small groups are a great environment for spiritual growth at Journey of Faith. Regardless of where you are in your journey with God, you have a place to belong. Community is deeply grounded in the nature of God.
- In small groups, people can get close enough to know each other, “to care and share, to challenge and support, to confide and confess, to forgive and be forgiven, to laugh and weep together, to be accountable to each other, to watch over one another and to grow together.”
- Personal growth does not happen in isolation. God uses people to form community. We’re called to love, not in abstract ways, but in deep, abiding, face-to-face, life-on-life ways.
- Small Groups aren’t something to observe; they’re something to experience. You are a participant in God’s story, with an active role to fulfill.
- So how can you begin? It’s simple — jump into a group and “bring your Bible, curiosity, enthusiasm and joy.”
WHY ATTEND THIS CHURCH?
- We know attending church doesn’t make sense for a lot people today. You might have even asked yourself — why bother?
For us, there are two compelling reasons to attend church:
- Being the church (not just attending) is about living your life for Christ. That’s deeply scriptural and holy and powerful.
- Gathering together to journey in faith together and help others was Jesus’ idea. We figure Jesus knows something we don’t.
So, why attend this church?
- This is a safe place for people to explore their faith.
- Nothing changes the world more powerfully than the love and hope of Christ shared with a world that so desperately needs it — we want the church to be a part of that.
- We believe everything this church says or does should try to reflect God’s love for everyone.
- We’ve got a great team made up of people like you who long to make a difference.